Friday, April 29, 2011

Today..


This is what I wore today. You can't tell but it was a loose black skirt worn with it. My hijab, the floral pink scarf is from American Eagle. They often have lovely scarves.. one of my favorite stores. The white undershirt is from comfortteez. I often put their long sleeved shirts in my designs as the bottom layer. You can find the link to their site in most of my designs and previous posts. I really like them because the shirts are sooo comfy. They are a really soft material. They also hold up very well. I have some years old still in very good condition. They are a company that specifically has modesty in mind. They have tank tops and cami's that are extra long and high necked. They are made this way so that they are perfect to wear under a long sleeved shirt or dress that happens to have a neck that shows too much.. as so many do. Definitely check them out.  My blue blouse is from Target and is was very cheap! My black skirt is a thousand years old and I'm sure you would be able o find something like it anywhere. My white underscarf is pretty much the same story. :]

I think that girls should be less afraid to mix colors! Just because your shirt is blue and white doesn't mean your hijab has to be so! I love to see when girls mix things up. I'm a big fan of creativity. Kinda like the Nautical post a few days ago. I don't think many girls would mix that many colors and would have instead chose to wear a white or navy.. maybe yellow at best hijab. There's nothing wrong with simpler looks and color schemes but there's nothing wrong with having fun and tossing in a surprising color once in a while.

Aida