Monday, April 25, 2011

Nautical Summer



Nautical Summer

Nautical Summer by Rae Gregory featuring embroidered pants







This would be great for warm weather! The pants are a loose fit and won't require anything worn underneath. I would recommend purchasing the two shirts one size bigger than your usual as these stores do tend to run small. I think layering the fun yellow tank over the navy striped shirt is a great colorful look. Create a high waist with the bow belt over both shirts! This outfit would look cool topped off with a lightweight red hijab or scarf to complete the primary color theme. Accessorize with nautical jewelry! This outfit will help you avoid overheating while staying modest and looking cute! I chose red sandals however tan sandals that match the belt would look great too.. or navy flats of some kind for sisters who do not show any foot. Sisters who do not wear pants could wear this look with a long khaki skirt. I can see this outfit being worn walking on the beach, to an amusement park, to the park or a cookout! Definitely a summer look.


Edit: As I looked back at this outfit I questioned the appropriatness. I think that while in picture it may not look hijab if bought and worn in oversize as intended it is still okay. Also keep in mind the picture of the pants is small. I have actually seen them in the store and they seem much larger and wider legged. Allah knows best.