Friday, April 29, 2011

Super easy! No pins!

I have worn my hijab like this a few times lately. The main reason I love wearing it this way is because I can do it so quickly and easily.. with no pins or anything! Plus it stays securely in place.  The way I do it is by starting off as most of us always do. I place the hijab on top of my head and let both ends fall at even length on each side. I then take one side and then pull it up towards the opposite side.It literally goes over my head a second time. I do the same thing oppositely with the other side. I then neaten it and tuck the ends in and any off spots. I don't pin it. I leave if fairly loose..somewhat Shayla style. I then take a white scarf that is long enough to be a hijab in itself but about half the width. You can tell the white scarf was meant to hang around the neck not be a hijab. I take the white scarf and  tightly twist the entire length of it the way you would wring out wet clothing. Next I fold the twisted scarf in half longways (obviously!). Once it is folded in half if you hold it up by the ends it should start twisting into itself. You will want to help it out though to make sure the twists are tight and even. It should be the same idea as if you were twisting two strings together.. or the way some girls divide their hair into two, twist the two halves together all the way down and then tie. When you have done this part the twisted scarf should be have the length originally and start to be looking the way mine does. One end should have the two scarf ends, the other should be able to be a loop.  Pull the twisted scarf around your head bringing both described ends to the back of your head. Pull the scarf ends tightly through the loop. It should be kinda like making a slip knot. If you've done it right the twisted scarf should be enough to secure your hijab and you won't need pins or anything. Yes, believe it or not this really does stay very secure all day! Plus, I think with a hijab of  different material or pattern this could be a great formal or even bridal look. It would be easy to stick some veiling under the twisted scarf. :]